As of September 1, 2012, the New England Governors' Conference, Inc. (NEGC) has been merged into the Coalition of Northeastern Governors (CONEG), based in Washington, D.C. Recent activities of the NEGC are described on this website. For further information on CONEG's on-going work with the region’s governors, please visit its website at http://www.coneg.org/. You may also contact CONEG at (202) 624-8450 or email@example.com.
Governor Shumlin Hosts 36th Meeting of Governors and Premiers
Governor Shumlin Chairs NEGC in 2012
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin to Lead New England Governors’ Conference, Inc. in 2012 during the Conference’s historic 75th Year
Governor Peter Shumlin assumed the chairmanship of the New England Governors’ Conference, Inc. (NEGC) on January 1, 2012 and will serve in that role through the end of 2012. As chair of the NEGC, Governor Shumlin will provide leadership to regional initiatives of the Governors, foster and strengthen the engagement between New England and the Eastern Canadian provinces, and forward other New England priorities and the unique working relationship between the six states (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT). Governor Shumlin succeeds outgoing chair Deval Patrick of Massachusetts.
The 36th Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers took place in Burlington, Vermont in Summer 2012, and was hosted by Governor Shumlin and co-chaired by Governor Shumlin and Premier Charest (Quebec).
Alternative Fuel Vehicles Conference, Montreal, Quebec, September 27, 2012
- David C. Adams, Association of International Automobile Manufacturers of Canada
- Paul Kerkhoven, Natural Gas Vehicles for America (NGV)
- André St-Pierre, Québec Ground Transportation Cluster
- Michelle Manion, Northeast States for Coordinated Air Use Management
- Bernard Ouellette, Performance Innovation Transport
- Dr. Yuri Yevdokimov, University of New Brunswick
- Christine Kirby, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
Natural Gas Truck Pilot Project (French Only)
- Jean-Robert Lessard, Transport Robert
- Pierre-Luc Desgagné, Hydro-Québec
- Greg Nadeau, U.S. Federal Highway Administration
- Alain Daneau, Québec Ministry of Natural Resources
- Nick Nigro, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- Chris Hill, Electric Mobility Canada
About the NEGC...
The New England Governors' Conference (NEGC), an informal alliance since colonial days, was formally established in 1937 by the governors of the six-state region to promote New England's economic development. In 1981, the Conference incorporated as a non-partisan, non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation, with the region's six governors serving as its Board of Directors. Annually, the governors selected a chairman to oversee the activities of the organization.